The AEL Experience
AEL is situated in South Africa’s Northern Cape where the Kalahari meets the Orange River. Spend an action-packed year getting up close and personal with the natural world under the guidance and mentorship of some of South Africa’s leading environmentalists.
The AEL program equips school leavers with in-demand environmental and leadership skills through a combination of practical and theoretical learning. AEL is a once in a lifetime experience that promises lifelong memories and a formal qualification which opens up a world of opportunity. Discover more below.
WHAT WILL I GAIN?
- We aim to grow leaders who will preserve the environment for future generations by offering a multi-faceted, world class environmental education programme.
- Make informed decisions and take appropriate actions to live meaningfully as leaders
- Become empowered as an individual, gain an edge over your peers and fully realise your hidden leadership potential.
- Participate in social upliftment and education programmes and have a positive impact in the lives of others.
- You’ll be involved in all aspects from planning to execution, giving you a solid understanding of social responsibility.
TOP ACADEMIC INSTITUTION
- Our goal is to nurture the next generation of environmental leaders so that they’re equipped to tackle some of the greatest challenges facing our planet and have the passion and motivation to do so.
- AEL offers a fantastic location surrounded by pristine natural beauty in the heart of Southern Africa.
- The ultimate place to get up close and personal with the very best that Mother Nature has to offer.
- By completing a year at AEL, you will gain an academic qualification which will serve as proof of your deep understanding of the environment and your enhanced life skills.
- The qualification will open the door to many exciting future opportunities.